02/01/2014

If you think reading is boring you are doing it wrong


The fault in our stars - John Green

“Just because something is beautiful doesn´t mean it´s good.”

 “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 

“Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” 

“Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always” 

“It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.” 

“My third best friend was an author who did not know I existed.” 

“I didn't tell him that the diagnosis came three months after I got my first period. Like: Congratulations! You're a woman. Now die.” 

“Okay? 
Okay.” 




Beastly - Alex Flinn

“Just because something is beautiful doesn´t mean it´s good.”

“Trust me?" I held my breath for her answer. She had every reason not to trust me. I'd been her kidnapper, her captor, yet I'd rather have died than hurt a single hair on her head.” 

“I’m a girl. Every girl pretends she’s a princess at one point, no matter how little her life is like that. And I like the idea of ‘happily ever after.”

“You ever think that school dances are a form of legalized prostitution?”

“It's strange though. People make such a big deal about looks, but after a while, when you know someone, you don't even notice anymore, do you? It's just the way they look.”

“It would be so great to have someone my own age to talk to, even if it was just about books.” 




The perks of being a wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

“We accept the love we think we deserve.” 

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” 

“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.” 

“I would die for you. But I won't live for you.” 

“I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.” 

“It's just that I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too.” 

“He's a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand.” 

“It was the kind of kiss that made
me know that I was never so happy in my whole life.” 

“I am both happy and sad at the same time, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” 


Några av mina absolut favorit böcker och quotes från dem. Skulle säkert bli galen om jag inte skulle läsa.
Det är något med böcker som är så fint, älskar att sitta ensam hemma med te i ena handen och bok i andra.
Fast ni inte gillar att läsa rekommenderar jag starkt 'the fault in our stars' kanske er åsikt ändras efter ni läst den.

No comments: