24/06/2014

I can't breathe without you, but I have to


I guess that's what saying goodbye is always like jumping of an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.
I hope one day you are at peace with yourself. I hope you can take a shower without crying and you can close your eyes without thinking about your funeral. I hope one day you start singing in your shower again and are happy for no reason. I hope you'll get better, because you really deserve to.
When i was younger my mother told me to never look up at the sun, I was curious as to why so one day I did and in that split second i was blinded by light, clueless of my surroundings, left only with the noise of my heavy breathing and beating heart. I think that's what happened when I first saw you.

Nobody will protect you from your suffering. You can’t cry it away or eat it away or starve it away or walk it away or punch it away or even therapy it away. It’s just there, and you have to survive it. You have to endure it. You have to live through it and love it and move on and be better for it and run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal.

2 comments: