03/07/2015

Two Months Since

A while back, I posted this post with tears in my eyes. And now it's been two months since I moved back. To be honest I thought I'd miss England more than I have, but then again, I'm keeping myself busy so I don't actually have time to think about it too much. That was until a few nights back when I looked at my pictures and videos from my time in England, and I remembered how it was to be with my hostkids, to walk around in Berkhamsted and go on crazy adventures with my friends. And I got really homesick, I started thinking 'when am I going back home', until I remembered, I'm not. I've spoken to my friends who are still there, how quiet and boring it's gotten there, but still I'm dreaming about going back. I haven't had the best two months back in Finland, so I don't know if I just want to run away again, or if I truly want to move back to England. I want to have a life at just one place, instead of going back and forth for four years now, I want to settle down, and the truth is I don't think I want to do it in Finland, but I'm too scared to do it anywhere else right now.


And what's breaking my heart every day is also the fact that I miss my friends more than anything, I've never met more amazing people in my life. It's weird how someone who you are almost forced to spend time with, all of a sudden becomes the best thing in your life.


Make friends with people who aren’t your age. Hang out with people whose first language isn’t the same as yours. Get to know someone who doesn’t doesn’t come from your social class. This is how you see the world. This is how you grow.

ps. did you notice there is a new page on my blog if you just want to read my posts from when I was an au pair? just check under the banner next to 'about me'.

No comments: